Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Smell of Bread

With winter hopefully in the past (you never know about Texas weather), cool breezy nights upon us, I smell bread.  Someone was baking bread and it smells so good.  Comfort food.  So I break out the bread maker and start making bread.  I do not use it to bake the bread, I do not care for the way it looks when it is done, so I just use the dough mix, and bake it in the oven.

Here is a basic bread maker recipe-

Ingredients

Water  1 cup
Skim Milk Powder  1Tbs.
Shortening   2 1/2 cups
Sugar  2 Tbs.
Salt  1 tsp.
White Flour  3 1/3 cups 
Yeast  1 1/4 tsp.

You add the ingredients just as they are listed and turn on to your dough number.  Approximatly 1hr 30 min later take out the dough put in a greased bread pan and I refold the dough and make it the shape of the pan, not a tight fit, let it rise for a little bit.  Put a little shortening on top for a pretty brown, and stick it in the oven 350 degrees for 30 min.  Take it out, but butter on top and let it cool while the aroma is filling up your house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment